วันอังคารที่ 23 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2553

A Summer in Korea


Image : http://www.flickr.com


It is not uncommon for a bit 'of money aside to participate in a field of martial arts, or a seminar. The summer before law school, I have a better one. I traveled to South Korea for an intensive training Hapkido. In the process, I had a lot of fun.

This was not the first time I got to Korea. I had previously lived in Kangnung. I trained in Hapkido and Ki Gong (breathing exercises) and earned a black belt in Korean Hapkido Federation. Are traned Hapkido under ChoiyukwanJong-Young Kim and Jun-Kyu Lee. While I lived there, I taught English at a hogwan (a private academy.) Korean students in these schools for their regular public school classes before receiving his studies. This time I was there to teach, though. I was there primarily for training.

Upon my arrival in Kangnung, I wanted a life lived for months in one of yokwans budget (hotel), so abundant in Korea so far. However, Lee would have none of that. He and hisFamily lived and ran a Minbak (an inn) near the beach. He insisted that I stay in a room without paying. Not only did I train with my coach, we did everything together, go to the beach and movies.

4 lessons per day

When I arrived, we had class four times a day. The first class was at 6 clock The following classes are at 2:30, 4:30 clock and the clock changed 8 times during the summer holidays. The first class was postponed to 9,followed by lessons at 3, 5-8 pm However, I had four classes a day plus lots of extra practice between classes.

Usually went to class in the morning and then again after Lee's house to rest before the next meeting. After lunch, we left early so you can get some of the other students for the next class. This practice is common in Korea. Whether it is a martial arts school or something like that, a driver could get the other students in aMinivan and bring them out later. We did this for every class. After the third class of the day we went home t eat dinner and practice of various techniques, before we went in the class of the day. This was usually the longest and strongest class of the day, because it consists primarily of adults. E 'state in the Rule 10 an hour before the school had swept us, filled the water bottles and are ready to go home. By the end of class, our uniforms were soaked and we were spent. In these classes,We spent much time sparring. Believe me, I went home wounded in more than one occasion.

Generate power

The type of education that depend in the classroom. The first classes were younger students, so often helped me with education. There were also some new students, for whom I have worked in good standing to the basics with them. This was particularly gratifying. It is not just a way to feel better, but the guys have been great to work, too.

No matter which class we're always in Leemade sure that he taught me, at least one new technique. This meant that I was learning new techniques, from four to six per day. After class, I had the new techniques in a notebook to write notes with the other class. Every night, I review everything that I learned in that day, before going to sleep. The next day I had everything I had learned before the practice of teaching me something new.

Wednesday class has always been different, because we are always there with weapons. Although we are primarilyworked with the staff or short stick, sometimes we worked with the bamboo sword. During the free time between classes, Lee has also worked with me in sugar cane and various techniques of belt.

Besides all the traditional Hapkido, I learned, I also had an added bonus. Kim has been teaching and working with Lee and a few others by senior students called on striking techniques kwon. Participated in these training courses are a series of strikes, including punching, Ridge hands, hands the spear, and backfistsother. Moved on to win the key to these exercises, the body weight at the maximum power of your strike. It is always surprising how much power my teacher could create with the movement at least to be seen. Of course, I jotted down notes on his technique in my book every night.

Taekwondo and Hapkido

During the days of the week for Hapkido have been reserved, it was the weekend of rest and relaxation. I spent the weekend in the summer of new places with my boyfriend, Yi Saeng Ham, hanging out withFriends and rest periods of grueling schedule for the week. Like all holidays, flight time, too quickly. Before I knew it, I had to return to the United States.

I know that not all the links to go live in Korea, with a teacher. However, there are many opportunities for the people of Korea and train in various arts, including Hapkido, Tae Kwon Do and other arts. I encourage everyone to visit and train in Korea. There is no doubt that there will be aExperience that you will always remember.

See Also Traveller Program Thaitripstoday.com snorkeling love thaliand festival

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น